Friday, April 18, 2014

New Theme Coming Up- All About Sports

One of the many reasons I love preschool is because I get the opportunity to design lessons around the student's interests while still meeting the early learning content standards.  I polled the students and by popular demand we will be transitioning to a sport theme.  This is one theme I haven't done yet in my several years of teaching.   I've planned to have our dramatic play center full of sport clothing and shoes (jerseys, ball caps, helmets, cleats, etc..) and possibly be made into a sporting goods store.  I made it to the local St. Vincent DePaul store near my house and was able to pick up a few things but would be open to donations.  This weekend I will be running around looking for as many balls as I can find.  We will be able to sort balls by kind, size, color etc...  I have plans for many outdoor activities.  I'm looking for portable soccer goals.  In our block center I plan on using incline planes (ramps) as part of a science activity.  We will explore texture through painting with different types of balls.   I have many ideas but if you have anything sport related that you are willing to part  with, donate or even have a connection with please let me know. 
-sport banners
-equipment besides bats and clubs
-balls
-posters
-clothing


No comments:

Post a Comment