I hope your summer is moving along safely and happily. I am very excited to start a new school year and look forward to seeing familiar faces as well as meeting new ones.
We know many of you are looking ahead to the new school year and we will be here every step of the way to make sure that it is a smooth transition for both you and your child.
If your child is new to preschool and you haven't registered at the district office please do so as soon as possible. All paperwork must be in before he or she can start preschool.
The first day of preschool is September 3rd but we hope to have contact with you prior to then. We will be offering home visits during from August 20-September 2nd as well as evaluating new students etc...
Times for preschool are: Tuesday through Friday
AM Session: 8:20-11:15
PM Session: 12:05-3:00 v
- Open House Wednesday August 27th from 10-11 a.m. or 1-2 p.m. You are invited to stop in anytime during the 2 hours. This will be a good opportunity to ask questions, see the classroom, return paperwork, pay first tuition payment etc… Preschool does not participate in the school wide open house. If these times do not work out we can make arrangements for another time.
- Please do your best to attend a transportation meeting with Mr. Thacker. You will get tags for you car and child's backpack. Even if your child is riding a bus he needs a tag for his backpack. During open house, home visit etc... we can chat about the logistics of drop off and pick up if you still have questions.
- Transportation Meetings and Tag Pick-Up
- August 13th 6-7:15 p.m. for families with last names a-m
- August 14th 6-7:15 p.m. for families with last names n-z
- Please make sure you send in an extra change of clothes (including socks).We will store the clothes at school and return at the end of the year.
- Please send diapers, wipes, pull-ups. (if needed) Please send enough for at least a week of school. We will notify you when our supply is getting low.
- Please send in a family photo to post in our room. You can also email me a photo and I can print.
- Clothing: Preschool can be messy at times because we participate in all types of hands-on activities such as painting, coloring, water play, play dough etc… Please make sure that the clothes your child comes to preschool in are play clothes. We wear smocks during our messy activities and cannot promise stainless clothing.
- Shoes: We run, jump, climb, etc… Please make sure your child wears comfortable shoes that do not slip off.
- Please make sure your child has a backpack large enough to transport a full size folder and artwork.
- Communication Folder: Your child will have a communication folder provided by preschool for any important paperwork and notes to and from school.
- Snack: We will provide snack daily and a snack menu will come home monthly.
- Birthdays-you are welcome to send in a birthday snack for your child. Please let us know so we can plan accordingly. We are a peanut and tree nut free room so please plan accordingly. If you need ideas please let Ms. Janie or I know.
- School Supplies: There isn’t a mandatory school supply list but donations are always welcome anytime throughout the year (i.e. disinfecting wipes, tissues, paper towels.)