Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a fantastic winter break.  I apologize to my Wed/Friday class for missing school on Friday.  My surgery time was moved up and it could not be postponed.  I did hear that a good time was had by all.

We welcome Mrs. Brandi Moore to our class.  She is a U.C. student teacher studying Early Childhood Education.  She will be in our class every morning until March.

We also welcome Donnie to our Wednesday/Friday class starting January 11th!

I'm very excited about the plans for this month. We will start our month off with some classic stories with some new twists.  We will read Goldilocks and the Three Bears and The Three Little Pigs   Do you see a theme?   Not only are these stories favorites of many students they also incorporate so many ways to expand learning.  For example in Goldilocks and the Three Bears we get to learn all about comparing and contrasting (large, medium, small etc...).  Each story lends itself to go in many directions for learning.  It's my philosophy in early childhood to allow the students to help guide the learning.  Meaning my role as a teacher is to incorporate the content standards based on the student's interest.  This way the students are more invested in their learning.  Play is the a young child's work after all.  I look forward to seeing where these stories take us.

-Remember our class is a peanut and tree nut free class.
-Nap items need to be returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment